ne of the business owner's most significant decisions: the transition of ownership and future management of the business. Whether it is driven by a "knock on the door" from a strategic buyer, the need for a capital partner in growth, or simply the right time to sell or retire, it is extremely important to think through the complex "matrix" of key elements and how they relate to the owner's and board's goals.
- Range of value and valuation "drivers"
- Personal financial, wealth and legacy implications
- Senior management perspective and corporate culture
- Tax and organizational structure and strategies
- Industry and market influences
- Capital and lender markets
The Transition Decision Matrix™ assists the business owner in working through the alternatives and variables; a process driven and based on the owner's goals, with detailed analysis, education, strategies, verification, and "what-ifs" related to this most important decision.
It is a "Safe Harbor" where the owner, as "Captain," and VergePointe, as "Navigator," explore exit strategies and recapitalization alternatives in a very confidential and independent process; not vested in any single course.
- Sale to a Strategic Buyer
- Leveraged Recapitalization
- Internal Succession
- Sale to a Financial Buyer
- Status Quo
Completion of The Transition Decision Matrix™ creates great confidence in the decisions, conclusions and selection of a recapitalization or exit strategy, and ultimately, in the pre-positioning and execution of that plan.